( 📸: Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys| CREDIT: ALBERTO E. RODRIGUEZ/GETTY IMAGES )
Cousins! Backstreet Boys’ group member Nick Carter is currently being accused of sexually assaulting an underage teen in 2001 after she attended a meet and greet in Tacoma, WA!
Within a newly filed lawsuit the now 39 year old alleged victim Shannon “Shay” Ruth claims that Nick raped her when she was 17 years old.
According to PageSix , Shannon alongside her legal team held a press conference on Thursday December 8th as she recalls the alleged encounter and how her life has been effected. “The last 21 years have been filled with pain, confusion, frustration, shame and self-harm that are a direct result of Nick Carter raping me.”
“Even though I’m autistic and live with cerebral palsy, I believe that nothing has affected me more or had a more lasting impact on my life than what Nick Carter did and said to me.”
She continued, “After he raped me, I remember him calling me a ‘re—-ed bitch’ and grabbing me and leaving bruises on my arm.”
Within the lawsuit Ruth claims she was invited to the singer’s tour bus following a concert she attended, she then stood in line for an autograph.
Ruth claims Nick gave her a “red-colored drink” described a “VIP juice” — despite her being underage — she says she believes it was a mix of alcohol and cranberry juice.
The singer is said to have allegedly ordered Ruth to perform oral sex on him as she burst into tears, reads the lawsuit.
Ruth says that she was had been fearful for the last two decades to speak out because she thought she would go to jail if she did. “Carter tried to scare me into silence … he was nasty and threatening.”
She claims that after Nick allegedly made her give him oral sex he took her to a bed on the tour bus where she claims he raped her.
The now 39 year old explains that she was a virgin at the time and forwards claims that Nick gave her the sexually transmitted infection of HPV. Ruth is currently seeking monetary damages following the alleged incident.
Ruth says she is currently advocating for teens to have a voice and to keep Nick from allegedly sexually assaulting minors. “Just because Nick Carter is a celebrity does not mean that he is excused from his crimes,” Ruth stated. “I am a survivor and always will be.”
Ruth’s attornray Mark J. Boskovich revealed three other woman are suing Nick upon allegations of sexual assault. They are all currently being identified as Jane Doe.
“Nick Carter has a long history of abusing women,” the lawyer claimed, adding that the music industry allegedly has a history of “looking away,” says Mark.
“Shay is determined to bring Carter to justice,” Boskovich said. “She believes it’s worth it to protect other women.”
Reports from PageSix show that this is not the first time Nick has been accused of sexual assault, back in 2017 former girl group member Melissa Schuman came forward with claims of her own.
“I told him that I was a virgin and I didn’t want to have sex,” wrote Melissa in a dated blog . “I told him that I was saving myself for my future husband. I said it over and over again. He whispered in my ear as to entice me, ‘I could be your husband.’”
In response Nick said, “Melissa never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that anything we did was not consensual. We went on to record a song and perform together, and I was always respectful and supportive of Melissa both personally and professionally.”
Nick was never never criminally charged.