Cousins! The tragic death of an 18-year-old woman in a Florida-located Home Depot is currently under investigation. Local police officials have now determined that the young woman was fatally shot at the hands of her daughter’s father with the assistance of his mother.
20 year old Keith Agee, has been arrested and charged with premeditated murder and aggravated battery following the death of his two year old daughter’s mother, Brooklyn Sims.
According to reports from CBS News, Keith shot and killed Brooklyn inside the Davis Highway located store as she worked as a contract employee. It has been stated that two additional employees were injured during the shooting.
The Escambia Sheriff’s office has recently released text messages between Keith and his mother Sheila Agee prior to the tragic incident.
“Investigators discovered that the mother of the suspect, Keith Agee, knew and even helped him coordinate the murder,” the sheriff’s office says within a forwarded release.
“According to text messages, it’s clear that Keith Agee’s mother, Sheila Agee, knew and participated in the plan to kill Brooklyn Sims. Additionally, text messages between mother and son highlight the mother’s involvement in helping locate the victim.”
Reports shows the texts between the mother and son began at 10:37 a.m. and went on until 12:40 p.m. The shooting took place around 1:30 p.m. inside of the store as Keith traveled over an hour and a half from Pensacola to Calvert, Alabama.
Officials have released the text thread between Keith and Sheila:
- Keith: “Shi ain’t do nun but cost me money and gave me a ******* I’m fin just shoot her Ik I hate that for [daughter] buh like I said I can’t take it idgaf Nomo.”
- Sheila: “Ok.”
- Sheila: “Ok I’ll call you and tell you mf if you want to go to jail I’ll tell you when we get close but if you don’t come kill her you a mf b**ch.”
- Sheila: “Don’t call nanny and tell her she will try and talk you out of it.”
- Keith: “Ian even gon tell her y I left. I’m just say I gotta go to the dentist.”
- Sheila: “Don’t even go there she won’t know you left. Don’t shoot at my mf car I don’t want to die.”
- Keith: “I’m not”
- Sheila: “Wait till I put her out.”
- Keith: “I was gon wait till she got out.”
- Sheila: “Ok”.
- Keith: “Buh that’s another thing if she don’t get out that car momma and I have to drag her out or can’t ima ask u to step out Cuz I’m open the door jus shoot her.”
- Sheila: “As long as you don’t shoot me.”
- Sheila: “Hell if you getting off work now I’ll give you the address here and you can ride over here and do it so you don’t have to do it in front of [daughter].”
- Keith: “Send it to me”
- Sheila: “We just in Pensacola.”
- Keith: “I’m otw send it”
- Sheila: “Hold up let me get it erase the texts cause I don’t want nobody to know I was texting you stupid ass.”
- Keith: “I already deleted mine trust me ian gon say shi abt us even tlkin td.”
- Keith: “wats the address”
- Sheila: “I can’t wait to get back to that store to give you the address cause you gonna have to shoot me today I done told you about cussing me.”
- Keith: “All I want is that address momma I’m done tlkin I done tlked enough Ik wats gonna happen and I’m ok with that I done already been thinkin it thru and this the only way for me idk why u so quick to start shi wit me buh again must be scared of Brooklyn or sum idk.”
- Keith: “She gon be onna floor right?”
- Sheila: “waiting on you”
- Keith: “I’m saying I’m gone have to find her in the back or sum?”
- Sheila: “Nope”
- Keith: “Ok”
- Keith: “Stay out my way”
- Sheila: “I am”
- Keith: “Lol man get off my phone all I needed was that address leave me alone finish yo work day And you is to I forgot just me”
- Keith: “So that last thought of her knowin she f****d and the regret in her face will b enough to satisfy me idgaf what she see wen she dead, Yes tf she do How tf I’m pick her up when yo sorry ass tryna go gamble or hang in Jackson and she don’t pick up the phone, Nah that ain’t even gon fly she a jus die before I let that continue.”
- Sheila: “Ok whatever Idc do what you do idgaf. Cause I’m going home today not to hell or to jail.”
- Keith: “good for u”
- Sheila: “Ok then stop texting me I’m working. Do whatever you want to do. It don’t affect me either f***ing way.”
Reports read that Keith called 911 shortly after the shooting and turned himself in at Mellow Mushroom on Bayou Boulevard in Pensacola. It has been stated that he is currently being held in Escambia County Jail without bond.
“The murder itself is unbelievable, but to know the mother knew about it and helped coordinate it is incomprehensible,” Escambia County Sheriff Chip Simmons said in a statement.
Sheila appeared in court on Thursday alongside her attorney that argued that the text thread was misconstrued. Together they requested a $250,000 bond, reports ABC News.
“She is a principal to the alleged incident,” he said. “A majority of the text messages reviewed were taken out of context and, your honor, to my knowledge she has no prior criminal history that would support such a charge.”
The judge responded by saying: “At this time, the bond will remain at no bond. You’ll be ordered to not have any contact with any witnesses in the cases.”
The 50-year-old’s next court appearance is scheduled for Sept. 8.
If convicted Sheila will serve out a mandatory life sentence.