Categories
celebrity news media trending news

Tory Lanez Reportedly In “Meaningful Discussions” For Plea Deal Involving Shooting Incident With Megan Thee Stallion!

-Avier Wanjou Brass-

Cousins!

The Canadian rapper is in talks of striking a plea deal surrounding this case!

It seems like Tory Lanez and his defense team are in “meaningful discussions”, about reaching a plea deal in his case surrounding last year’s incident with Megan Thee Stallion, according to Complex

District Attorney Kathy Ta told Rolling Stone that the parties were in a “possible settlement discussion.” If there is a possibility the plea deal is not met by Nov. 3, preliminary hearings will start in December, and witnesses will be involved.

Last October, the Toronto rapper was charged with felony assault with a semi-automatic firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm. After he allegedly shot Megan Thee Stallion in the foot after an argument. In a statement to Rolling Stone, Lanez’s defense attorney Shawn Holley says they plan to maintain the rapper’s innocence if the case goes to trial.

“As in every case, the lawyers for the parties discuss the possibility of resolving the case,” Holley said. “This case is no different. That said, our position as to what did and did not happen in this matter remains unchanged, and [Lanez’s] plea of not guilty stands.”

Just a while back, the judge increased Lanez’s bail after he violated the protective order granted to Megan Thee Stallion, when he performed on the Rolling Loud stage with DaBaby. His bail increased from 1$90,000 to $250,000. The protective order stems from the felony assault charges following the July 2020 incident with Megan. 

At this point, we just want to know what happened so we can get down to the bottom of the truth.

Leave a Reply